Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday - Regarding Jana and her Favorite Cozy Reading Spots



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!


Next week, join Jamie as she discusses the books she's anticipating for 2011! You know you're excited for a few yourself. As we ring in the new year, we also welcome many wonderful new reads for bookish people everywhere!


I am so excited to be writing this week's Top Ten Tuesday! Obviously, I love reading. However, I seem to love it even more during the long winter months. Perhaps it's because there's not as much to do outside, so activities are moved indoors. Or... perhaps I just love getting comfy and cozy with a really good book--which is easier to do in the winter. In any case, these are some cozy places to read, just in case you were looking for one! 


In your nice, comfy bed –

I think this goes without saying, but I absolutely love climbing in to my warm bed after a long, busy day and reading a good book until I fall asleep. And who doesn’t love staying in bed on a snow day for some much-needed R & R after finals are over?



By the crackling fire –

One of my favorite things about winter is lighting a fire in the fireplace! Going back to basics and reading by firelight is so cozy to me!





Nestled on the couch in your favorite blanket –

I don’t know about you, but my couch and cozy down throw are great friends of mine on cold winter days!





Wrapped in the arms of someone you 
love –

I don’t think anyone out there can argue with me on this one!





Cuddled up with your beloved 
furry friend –

My warm fuzzy cat has read many books with me! My house is pretty cold in the winter, so she’ll often climb on my lap to snuggle. So cozy!






While sipping hot chocolate in a quaint cafe – 

Need I say more? I love reading in cute cafes with a cup of hot chocolate and a pastry, while listening to jazzy music.  





Seated in a bay window, while the snow falls –

I’ve lived in nine different houses in my life, and have never been privileged enough to have a bay window I’ve always wanted one. I’ve seen so many movies with characters that sit on their window seats with blankets and pillows and gaze outside or read. Maybe someday I’ll have one too!




In a bubble bath –

I’m not a bath time reader, but I know many who are. Bubbles, candles, and warm water seem to really excite some of my bookish friends! Perhaps someday I’ll decide I enjoy it too, but for now I’m scared of getting TOO cozy and ruining a great book in the process!



In a fabulous little bookstore

Remember that cute bookstore in You’ve Got Mail? That’s the kind of place I’m picturing. I love reading in bookstores! The one I usually go to is very quiet and has lots of comfy chairs and empty corners. I can sneak behind a bookshelf and get lost. It’s so convenient, because I can decide if I like a book enough to buy it, plus if I ever need a break from reading, I can browse the store! 



On a train, heading home for the holidays –

Perhaps I’m grasping at straws here, but I think this sounds cozy! Sitting next to a window… watching the world pass by… and reading a book to pass the time, all while anticipating seeing your family in a few hours! Sounds good to me! 



So now that I've told you some of the places I love to read, what are your coziest reading spots? Where do you enjoy retreating to with a good book? Enjoy the next few long, wintry months and ask for lots of books for Christmas so you can enjoy them even more! 


Happy holidays and, as always, happy reading!


 


25 comments:

  1. This is my first time participating - I love all the previous topics, I wish I could go back and be a part of them. Thanks for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list (and the pictures to go with!) Everywhere looks so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca--feel free to go back and do the topics at any time! I'm sure we will end up going back to a few of them later on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list! I'm kind of strange, but I love reading in the bath...and by the fire...and in bed...ok...everywhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer to read in my comfy bed with my three furry friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's because I'm about to start finals week, but I am in love with all of these ideas. I've done most of them, but there are some I'd still love to try--like the train or the bay window!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I love that you said with your furry friend! The way bookish people love their cats, I wouldn't be surprised if 75% of the group had that on their list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the day off today and you're motivating me to read in all of these places! I completely agree with the train one - I do it every morning and evening and before I know it, I'm at my stop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of reading seated in a bay window. Sounds romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy to be participating today. I had fun coming up with my list and I enjoyed yours too. Now, if I can just remember what other favorite places I forgot to mention...;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice list and the pictures are a great touch I didn't think of. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad there are other people out there that love to read in the bathtub. I've had so many friends tell me I'm crazy, but it is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your list, especially the last one! Traveling by train is my favorite way to get somewhere- much less hassle than an airplane and a great excuse to kick back and read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting. This was a fun list. I've enjoyed reading everyone's favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first Top Ten. It was a lot of fun coming up them. It makes me want summer to come back so I can lie under the oak tree and read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great, but challenging, meme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm still just absolutely loving these top ten's! SO much fun! And I finally put one together, with pictures and everything. Watch out! LOL

    Love pretty much everywhere on the list, except maybe the bath. I'm too nervous I'll get the book wet because I'm a total klutz! Yeah. Otherwise, they all sound fantastic, but that may be because they all look so nice and quiet. I lack quiet in my life. ;o) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great topic this week! I couldn't think of ten, but I was surprised with the number I managed!
    Hope everyone has fun putting theirs together x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't read in my bed - I just fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an awesome list!!! I agreed with almost every single one of these!! I have a hard time reading in cafes and/or bookstores because they are not the quietest of places, and I need very little noise. I actually tried the whole bubble bath/reading thing for the first time last night.. I wasn't really impressed! I would also love a bay window seat to sit in and read!!! My all time favorite place to read is sitting outside in the sun during the summer time! =-P Haha. My winter time place would be my couch or bed! GREAT LIST!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a bathtub reader...but never with my hardcovers (too heavy) or my kindle (too risky)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails