Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top Ten Books Daisy Has On Her TBR List This Fall


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This could also have been called: Books on Daisy's Birthday Wishlist, since the beginning of fall and my birthday kinda coincide :) (seriously, it's true, Wikipedia says so!)

Since I spend a pretty sizeable amount of time lusting after up and coming releases, this should be a breeze! Well actually, it would be, if there weren't too many of them... These will all be released between September 23rd and December 23rd 2011 :)

1. A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies: I've been pining for this book for ages and I have some serious cover love for this one. I'm a girl-in-gorgeous-dress-cover-slut, can't help it :)

2. Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder: I have read and loved every single one of the author's books and am dying to read this one, I'm sure I'll love it as well. It's the first in her new series. I love her series.

3. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini: a little bit before the release of Brisingr it was announced that there would be a fourth book in this series and the wait for this one has nearly killed me, cause I NEED to know how it ends! I've been waiting for 3 freaking years already! (checked it: Brisingr came out in 2008)

4. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: another gorgeous cover! And a girl with a fatal touch! COUNT ME IN! I've heard nothing but good things from those who were lucky enough to get and ARC of this book, so I'm kinda excited about it being released soonish!

5. Eve by Anna Carey: this sounds like another wonderful dystopian and I'm kinda still in love with the genre.

6. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: I'm kinda expecting this to turn up on a LOT of the lists, but I'm gonna add it anyway. I haven't read Anna and the French Kiss yet and I'll probably be the last one to do it if I start now, but I'm still excited for this one to come out. I've heard such amazing this about these 2 books that I can't help but jump on the wagon and get excited as well. I really should start reading Anna...

7. The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen: another girl-in-a-dress on the cover and I'm loving it :) It sounds like it should be an amazing story and I hope it will be!

8. Don't Expect Magic by Kathy McCullough: a MALE fairy godmother! Fairy godmotherness being genetic! WOOHOO! Seriously, this sounds like it's right up my alley! And I LOVE the cover!

9. Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs: I'm a greek mythology geek, it's true. I'm loving this trend in YA and this one has three teenage descendants of MEDUSA! How cool is that? I NEED this book!

10. Crave by Melissa Darnell: a girl half vampire, half powerful magic use, could be EPIC WIN! Excited to read this one soonish :)

So, that's my list, it was harder than I thought, so many books, only 10 spots on the list...
What let me know what's on your lists! Any should add to my already too-huge TBR list? (seriously, any bigger and it will start demanding the right to vote in the next elections as well..)




57 comments:

  1. Shatter Me sounds great! What a good list, I haven't read any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLA! I already read it but if I hadn't I think I would have put it as all 10 spots :P great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few of these on my TBR list too, but for my post I mostly chose books that are already out that I need to get caught up on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. READ. ANNA! Seriously, Daisy! You can't just leave such an amazing book on the shelf! I'd read it again in a heartbeat. It's my new favorite, and I can't wait for Lola!

    You've got a lot of good looking books on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so looking forward to Sweet Venom too - Greek mythology done interestingly is always fun!

    I did all not-yet-released books too. Waiting's so hard!

    http://booksandthreads.blogspot.com/2011/08/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-for-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great list!! I'm also looking forward to Shatter Me and Sweet Venom very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Mephisto Covenant is AWESOME! I hope you love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lola Lola Lola. Definitely one of my top 'holy crud get here sooner' books of the year. This list is awesome and many choices are on my mental one as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am anxiously awaiting the last book in the Eragon series, too. When is it expected out?

    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am frustrated about Christopher Paolini taking so much time to publish INHERTANCE as well! I'm going to be in tears when I get that book...

    If you want to, please check out my Totally Top Ten Tuesday Post!
    (http://meditationsofateenagephilosopher.blogspot.com/2011/08/totally-top-ten-tuesday-numero-tres.html)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to reading Lola and the Boy Next Door as well as Shatter Me. You're right, this list was hard. I even cheated on my half and combined a couple of titles that were the same author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coming up with this week's list (great topic, btw) made me realize how much reading I have to do! So many titles and series out there that I want to get to. Sigh. Too little time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Shatter Me on my top ten too. I also want to read Mephisto Covenant and Sweet Venom.

    Great list! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have Shatter Me on my list too.

    Great list btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Venom and Don't Expect Magic sound awesome, to be honest. This is completely different to my list, but I think I'll be picking up a few from yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your list and you were right I had to include Perkins' new book on my list as I adored Anna and the French Kiss that I would read anything Stephanie writes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Save for Paolini I haven't heard of any of the other writers. It all sounds interesting though.:D I've had Brisngr sitting on shelf for nearly two years without being read. I think I need to re-read the first two books before I can read it, and then maybe get myself Inheritance soon before I forget everything again!!

    Happy Fall REading!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm gonna try and look at all your no doubt wonderful lists when I get home from work! Or at least as many as I can, since the last TTT had 145 entries and well, I'm only one person...
    Thanks for all your lovely comments!

    Jana - I KNOW! It's a crime against all of book-loving humanity that I haven't read it yet... *hides in shame behind ENORMOUS pile of TBR books*

    Anne Bennett - November 8th according to Goodreads, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I definitely want to read Sweet Venom and Lola and the Boy Next Door. Also, I really need to catch up on Brisingr and Inheritance ... I might have to re-read the first two!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SHATTER ME AND LOLA! They are both MUST reads! I'm serious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don't Expect Magic sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We have definitely listed 5 out of 10 of the same books. haha, amazing!! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want to read Lola too. It will probably push my TBR list down one notch so I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have Crave on my galley list. I'll have to get to that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi! I found your blog through links on other blogs and loved the Top ten lists. I've joined in on the idea even though I write in Norwegian and hope you're Ok with that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. wait until you read Lola. Its will just make the world a better place.

    Great list

    Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm still thinking about reading Shatter Me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Shatter Me sounds alright.

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovin this weeks topic! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  30. have fun reading your fall picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ahh! Everytime I read one of these list my TBR gets bigger. FABR

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great picks! I want to read all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Don't Expect Magic looks really cute! And although I didn't add it to my list, I'm certainly looking forward to Lola & the Boy Next Door :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yay! All these book lovers and I never see any of them mention the Inheritance books. I'm going to re-read the first three in anticipation of the fourth one. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I keep hearing awesome things about Shatter Me. I've gotta add it to my wishlist :)

    My first ever top ten post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I had forgotten about Sweet Venom. I'm glad you reminded me.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This was a hard one! So many TBR books (124, according to my GoodReads!) and so little time! Don't Expect Magic sounds like a great book. Now there are 125 books in my TBR pile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great way to create your list. I also found this week's list very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I need to read Lola too! And I just realized I somehow forgot to add it to my list. Oh well, it's a given

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ooo love this week's topic, though its very hard to limit oneself to just ten! :P

    ReplyDelete
  41. Don't Expect Magic and Sweet Venom are two that aren't on my list, but I'm definitely looking forward to them!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. New follower and Top Ten Tuesdays participate here!

    This is a great list. I'm really exited to a read a few of these books too, especially Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Picking 10 was so hard! There are soo many good books coming out this fall!

    -Kat

    http://katmuntser-reviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Awesome list. :) I can't wait to read Lola, I still need to read Anna and the French Kiss first though.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I keep seeing Shatter Me everywhere so now it's got my interest. Sweet Venom is the one I'm really wishing for, though - I love Greek mythology,too.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Shatter Me and A Beautfiul Dark are also on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow I haven't heard of any of those books but they all sound so good! Here is my list

    http://deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com/2011/08/top-ten-tuesday-aug-30th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  48. I haven't read a single one of these, but I hope you enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. awesome Meme, Guys! I've just discovered your blog, it's awesome! Lola and the Boy Next Door sounds great!

    <3 Britta
    http://novelday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow, has it really been that long since Brisingr? Couldn't remember the year, just that I stopped at Borders on the way to my nephew's soccer game to get it. But Inheritance is on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love your list. I just finished CRAVE and it's one of the best paranormal romances I've read this year. It's fabulous! I definitely recommend pre-ordering it.

    ReplyDelete
  52. wow, it's been three years since Brisingr came out?! That fourth book needs to hurry up and get published already!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I've got a lot of these on my radar too! I hadn't heard that Snyder had a new book coming out though, SQUEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails