Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Ten Books We Are Excited To Read in 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Check out future Top Ten Tuesday topics, including some new one's listed for February over here at the Top Ten Tuesday page!

Happy 2012 everyone! I hope everyone is ready for 2012, whether your 2011 was good or bad. This year I wish unto you, dear readers, health, happiness, adventure and any umph you need to get through your TBR pile!

This week the reviewers here at The Broke and the Bookish collaborated to give you the book we are most excited to read! So without further ado...

Top Ten Books I'm Excited To Read in 2012

1. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was one of my favorite books of 2010. I am so excited for Matson's second book to be released. I'm curious about the format of the book...will it have a scrapbook feel like Amy & Roger? Or follow a more tradition book layout? Needless to say, I just want to read it! (Jen's Pick)


2. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Normally I dont get too into YA books because I am usually disappointed (yes I do realize this a sweeping generalization). I found this book on Goodreads a bit ago, immediately added it to my TBR shelf and told some friends about it. It looks like it is going to be a new twist on the greek myth of Hades/Persephone. I don't think it claims to be this, but reading the description, it sure sounds close. Regardless, I am excited to read it! (Julia's Pick)

3. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
I absolutely love both Anna and Lola, and can't wait to read more from Stephanie Perkins! She has got to be my favorite author, and her writing is amazing, not to mention she helped me discover that I love contemporary romance! (Jana's pick)


4. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Daisy Says- Delirium was one of my favourite books of 2011 and that ending left me needing the sequel right away! Cliffhanger much? I am beyond excited it's coming out soon and will be pre-ordering this book! The wait has been KILLING me! Kelly says--
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver - the sequel to Delirium, one of the BEST YA books I read in 2011! We were left with such a cliffhanger, I need to know what happens NOW. (Daisy & Kelly's pick)


5. Fever (Chemical Garden) by Lauren DeStefano: I am kind of cheating because I've already read it but I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE A HARD COPY VERSION OF THIS AND READ IT AGAIN! Can you tell I'm excited? You can read my review of Fever on my own personal book blog and if you haven't read Wither yet...I recommend you get on this so that you can get excited about Fever!! (Jamie's pick)


6. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen: A twist on the Robin Hood story..heck yes I'm excited! (Jamie's pick)


7. Insurgent (Divergent Trilogy) by Veronica Roth: Divergent was so refreshing the sea of sameness that teen dystopian literature has become. I'm very excited about the continuation of this story in Insurgent, due to be published on May 1—I can't wait to see where the characters will go and how the conflicts presented in the first book will be resolved, or if they will be resolved right away. (Tahleen's pick)

8. Touch of Power (Healer) by Maria V. Snyder - This one came out in late December 2011 so technically it's not a 2012 book but a good one to be excited about nonetheless. (Kimberly's pick)


9. Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane) by Elizabeth Hoyt: The fourth book in the Maiden Lane series! I reviewed the first one here a really long time ago (I liked it), and just read the third book recently. The lead in to Thief of Shadows is just ... urgh!! I need this now! (Julia's pick)

10. The Dressmaker: A Novel by Kate Alcott:  It's a historical fiction book that takes place on the Titanic and after the ship sinks.  I've always been interested in the Titanic and this book sounds really good! (Jen's pick)

What books are YOU looking forward to?


60 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about Divergent, but haven't read it yet. I'll have to fix that before Insurgent comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to add Fever & Insurgent on mine but I'd have to have read the first ones first! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PANDEMONIUM IS AMAZING. AND ISLA OHMGJYADSk. I could just capslock all over your list, basically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second Chance Summer made my list! This was a really fun list to work on- but man, so hard to narrow my picks down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We share quite a few! Last Chance Summer, Isla and the Happily Ever After, Pandemonium all made my list and I will be interested in Fever and Insurgent too to see where they go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the list! A few of these I'm looking forward to as well, like Pandemonium & Touch of Power.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great top ten! We Have 4 in common on our top tens! I have Isla and the Happily Ever After, Pandemonium, Fever and Insurgent on mine as well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew I've forgotten some titles! *facepalm*

    Isla is one I cannot wait to get my hands on! It's got me so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fever and Scarlet both made my list as well!

    Top 10 Tuesday

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think any on my list are books that come out in 2012...was that a specification?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think any on my list are books that come out in 2012...was that a specification?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait for Pandemonium either! I've heard nothing but good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Awesome List. =]
    I also can not wait for Insurgent. Great choices. =]
    Here is My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo boy, I have a lot of reading to do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm excited about a lot of the books that you guys have on the list today. Here's to a year of more AWESOME books in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of all of the books on your list, but I am super excited about Everneath, Fever, Pandemonium - though I'm terrified about the ending - and Insurgent!

    Scarlet sounds really good. I'm curious what a Robin Hood twist could possibly be.

    And I have got to read Anna and Lola but I already have Isla on my TBR.

    Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so on board with your list! Have been holding out for at least 6 of them. Currently working my way through Touch of Power, which is fun so far, but I hadn't heard of The Dressmaker, so thanks for turning me onto it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for this new Top Ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, The Dressmaker sounds awesome, especially since it's the 100-year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic this year...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to read Insurgent. I've already read Pandemonium (excellent! and now I can't wait for book 3) and I forgot about Scarlet. I am excited for that one too. I loved Amy & Roger's Epic Detour so I'm sure Second Chance Summer will be fantastic. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm actually not familiar with ANY(!) on your list, but Scarlet sounds intriguing. Going to look it up on Goodreads now...
    -Jay

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh The Dressmaker sounds especially good! All the best for your 2012 reading year :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I forgot about Divergent on my own list. I do want to read that this year as well. I also love Stephanie Perkins and I see Scarlet is on your list too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Divergent/Insurgent made my list - I imagine at least one of those will end up on most eveybody's list. I forgot all about Delirium/Pandemonium!! Crud. The more lists I read, the longer my own becomes!
    Great list!

    Jessie Marie
    http://the-dailybookmark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never heard of a Robin Hood story that focused on Will Scarlet!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great picks! Isla is on my list, too & I already read Touch of Power & enjoyed it a lot! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great list. We don't have any of the same books on our lists. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just discovered your blog today. I love lists, so I'll be back here often. Thanks for hosting this. My first Top Ten Tuesday is: http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/top-ten-tuesday-3-jan/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic list! A lot of these made my list too. My thoughts exactly on Isla...anything Stephanie Perkins writes is an immediate list maker! Happy 2012.


    ~Nikki @ Imaginative Adventure.

    Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great list! I can't wait to check out each and everyone of these - thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great list! I'm looking forward to Everneath and Scarlet too.

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope each of you get the chance to read each book on your list. some of mine are from 2011 TBR list. YEHHH,

    ReplyDelete
  33. I need to read Delirium first, but it both in the series look fantastic. And I'm excited for Everneath, too.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great List! So many good ones, 2012 is going to be a great year for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is a great list! I have some of those on mine like Isla and Insurgent. Also, yeah for having Thief of Shadows! Love Elizabeth Hoyt!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great list! Second Chance Summer and Everneath made my top ten too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. All of my selections for this year are older books, but they've been hanging around for a while, so my plan is to knock them off the list. I'm also challenging myself (this year) to read off my own shelves and not buy new books, so we'll see how far I get with that. Thanksfully all of the books on this TTT are books I own. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Argh - just realised I missed Second Chance Summer off my list!! Great picks.

    Mine is at YA Yeah Yeah if you'd like to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think Fever and Insurgent are going to be on everyone's list...not mine, but yeah. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I added Scarlet and The Dressmaker to my WishList :) and probably will add 100 more by the time I finish reading everyone else's lists today :):)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great pick of books! I just realized I left Insurgent off my list!!! OMG I COULD I!!!??? Loved Divergent so much!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi: Great idea, it has got me eager to dig in, Happy Reading, Ruby

    http://yearofreadingmybooks.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/most-exciting-books-tbr-for-2012/

    ReplyDelete
  43. I can't believe I forgot about Fever! I really want to read that one.

    Huh, I didn't know a new book by Stephanie Perkins was coming out this year. I still have't read any of her other books.

    I also can't believe I haven't read Delirium yet.
    But I can't wait for Insurgent. It's also on my list :).

    ReplyDelete
  44. Insurgent and Fever are on my list too!! You have some I forgot about - this is a big year for books!!! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm sad to say that I've never heard of any of these books. But I wanted to thank you for creating such a fun meme! This was my first week participating and I'll definitely continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  46. 'Insurgent' by Veronica Roth! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am so excited about Fever as well! Wither was amazing.

    New follower and just posted my first Top Ten list, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Scarlet made my list too. Here's hoping it's as awesome as we think it's going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I had a hard time finding 10 books I was excited to read in the coming year since not many are forthcoming and I tend to read the 'excited to read' books as soon as I can get my hands on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. There were a ton of new books in 2011 that I wanted to read. I'm glad that my list is a little shorter for 2012- maybe I can catch up!

    -Melly
    www.BeautyandtheArmageddon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oooh I didn't know that Matson was writing another book, I loved Amy & Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  52. the theme for the former part of 2012 is going to be catch up! lol

    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-tuesdays-top-ten-books-i-am.html

    ReplyDelete
  53. Forgot to post yesterday (Tuesday) even though I had it written in the calendar. 4 days into the New Year and already falling behind.

    ReplyDelete
  54. The book I absolutey cannot wait to get my hands on doesn't seem to have come up very much in this... I've been wating for years (having read it's draft on fp). I am so obsecenely exciting about the first of S J Maas' Queen of Glass book coming out this Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I haven't read Delirium yet, but thanks to your list I will, and hopefully I'll get excited about Pandemonium as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love seeing Margaret Atwood on a list!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wow, 2012 looks like it will be a great year for reading! As much as I hate waiting for the next book in a series, it gives me plenty of time for rereads, which is what I will be doing while waiting for Insurgent, Pandemonium and Fever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails