Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Top Ten Things We Are Thankful For

 To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see the future topics, click here!


With Thanksgiving coming up this Thursday in the USA, we thought it would be fun to see what we're all thankful for! This can be bookish or not. It's completely up to you!

Jana says....

- I'm thankful for where I am in my life! This has been a hard year for me, and full of a lot of big changes. Those changes have turned my life into something great, though, and I'm happy about where I'm headed!

- I'm thankful I have such an awesome mom, who understands me. We're best friends!

- I'm thankful for warmth! Warm food, drinks, blankets, homes, beds, people. It has been SO cold, and I have been SO sick the last week. I'm so thankful for the blessing it is to be warm.

- I'm thankful for those books that make you never want to read again, because you know that the next book will never top that one. 

Jen says...


- I'm thankful for my public library: the majority of the books I've read this year have been borrowed from the library. I'd be lost without the library!

- I'm thankful for music: listening to music is such an outlet for me. There are songs I can listen to twenty times in a row and never get sick of them. Hans Christian Andersen said one of my favorite quotes, "where words fail, music speaks".

- I'm thankful for hot drinks: specifically coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. It's been brutally cold in New England for the past few days and hot drinks have been heavenly.

- I'm thankful for TB&TB girls: I've loved participating in this blog with them over the past few years! I love reading their individual posts, getting book recommendations and overall getting to know all of them. Thanks ladies, you rock! :)

Jamie says...

- I'm thankful for having a great first year of marriage: We've certainly had our trials this year as newlyweds but we've managed to make the best of it. Seriously, some days we just sit down and laugh and poke fun at the messes of life.

- I'm thankful for being an auntie: There's nothing so beautiful as watching my two nieces (2 years & 3 months) grow up. I always get so teary eyed talking about them but I would do anything for those babies.

What are you thankful for this year? Have a great Thanksgiving, friends!





38 comments:

  1. My local library made my list this year, too! I love buying books as much as the next person, but this year I have really tried to use my library whenever possible. It's part of a great system, and I'm so thankful to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen: My library is at the top of my list. Money-wise, it is a life-saver.

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The library is on my list too! I <3 my public library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, library was first on my list too! I love how that's such a given for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second, third, and fourth the library. It is definitely a life saver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this topic, it's really good to just take a moment to think of all that we should be grateful for! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot drinks are definitely something to be thankful for! The library made my TTT too! Great topic this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great topic! It's nice to think about (and point out) all the things you're gratefull for in life!
    You guys have a great list, I share quite some of them with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you all pointed out the small, mundane things of life that we all take for granted every day, hardly realizing that they really are such huge, amazing blessings! Thanks for reminding me to be grateful for "little" things like homes, beds, the library, and having a sense of humor. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really happy that all of you seem to be at a really great point in your life!

    Thank you so much for having such a meaningful top 10 tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this topic :)
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is certainly a lot to be thankful for and I'm glad we're taking the time to think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Other book bloggers made my list because they help to make my decision on what books to buy or read a lot easier

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great list! I am in agreement with many of your thanks...hot drinks, good books, inspiring music, close family...what's not to be thankful for?! I hope each of you have a happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome list! I just did a book list I'm thankful for, but I love the picks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my first time to join this meme and I'm happy to find it. I hope that I did it right though, I mean blogging my top ten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Quite beautiful thoughts today! I am also thankful for the library! Since Hanukkah starts tomorrow night, I did my wish list early, but I will catch up on the thankfulness later.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great list! I've been using my local library a lot more this year than I have in a long time. It's so great to have that resource available!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great list! So many things to be thankful for, it's hard to keep it to just 10! :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent list today, ladies! It made me think once again about what I'm thankful for (since I celebrated my Thanksgiving last month up here in Canada). Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I should have added the public library to my thankful list! I have really enjoyed visiting the library this year and checking out tons of new releases!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It’s good to be grateful, I'm grateful you host this meme each week. I know you all must be very busy. Have a happy Thanksgiving. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice list! Thanks for creating this meme, and this prompt. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such great things to be thankful for! I'm with you all on the warm. Hot cocoa, hot blankets, hot food... I love them all. :)

    Happy Thanksgiving ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a lovely list! i wish you all a happy thanksgiving! @Get Lost in Lit

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great Topic! They're so many things to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this topic -- it can be interpreted so many ways, and everyone's choices are so wonderful. I'm thankful that you all host the Top Ten Tuesday meme! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jamie Congrats on 1 year marriage. Love that you can laugh now about some of the messes. I have been married 23 years and love it. Do not get me wrong there were some rough times but we stuck it out and that is what made our marriage so strong now.

    Jana love that you are happy where you are in life now. Best feeling ever!

    Jen I am thankful for hot drinks too as it is cold in my neck of the woods too.

    Mine

    ReplyDelete
  30. Music is the best, brings so many peoples together just as books do =)

    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thankful for my family, my friends, my doctors, my cat, and of course BOOKS - I took Melissa, the Feminist Texican's lead, and did my list as "Top Ten Books I'm Thankful For" :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome list!!
    I see so many people included library in their list - I did too!
    Libraries are amazing places, and I would never be able to read all the books I did because I couldn't afford them all. :-)

    And music too... oh yes.

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's been a long time, and I've missed Top Ten Tuesday. Here's to lists, and to holdiays!

    ReplyDelete
  34. A day late for the top then but a day early for Thanksgiving, what could be more logical? ;-)

    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  35. Mine is belated.

    I tried putting mine in twice into the Mister Linky widget but it will not let me.
    Anyway here it is: http://whentheheartisyearning.wordpress.com/2013/11/28/top-ten-tuesday-belated-top-ten-things-i-am-thankful-for/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails